REVIEW | THE BROMANCE BOOK CLUB by Lyssa Kay Adams

11:41


Hi there, everyone! I have a little story to share with you today. 

I saw this book a few days in my Goodreads timeline and the title caught my attention. Then I saw the synopsis and told myself I had to read it. And so I did, and while isn't my favorite book among the ones I've read lately, I was a fun experience so I decided to share my thoughts about THE BROMANCE BOOK CLUB with you in this post. Take a look!!


About the book:

The first rule of book club:
You don't talk about book club.


Nashville Legends second baseman Gavin Scott's marriage is in major league trouble. He’s recently discovered a humiliating secret: his wife Thea has always faked the Big O. When he loses his cool at the revelation, it’s the final straw on their already strained relationship. Thea asks for a divorce, and Gavin realizes he’s let his pride and fear get the better of him. 

Welcome to the Bromance Book Club.

Distraught and desperate, Gavin finds help from an unlikely source: a secret romance book club made up of Nashville's top alpha men. With the help of their current read, a steamy Regency titled Courting the Countess, the guys coach Gavin on saving his marriage. But it'll take a lot more than flowery words and grand gestures for this hapless Romeo to find his inner hero and win back the trust of his wife.



My Review:

The premise is eye-catching, the beginning was promising, the male characters were fun, flawed but redeemable and charming. The best part? They were willing to read romance novels as a way to improve their relationships (that was cute). And while I could object the bad usage of the Spanish language in some dialogues, I felt compelled to accompany these particular book club in their adventure: Help Gavin to win his wife back (while learning tricks from a historical romance book).


Gavin was, according to the author, an attractive but self-conscious man facing a possible divorce from the love of his life. He was at the top of his professional career but his personal life was a mess, and he didn't feel capable of fixing it. Why, maybe your wondering. Probably because he didn't feel worthy of love. You'll see... Gavin has had a stutter his whole life, he was target of bullies and the subject of too many jokes from men and women, so yes, it was normal he had self-stem issues. But he wasn't the only character with emotional baggage, his wife had it too, making this quest for Happily-Ever-After even more complicated.

Everything was fine with the story. Complications are good in a love story. You don't want the conflict to resolve so fast. That's boring. But you know what's also boring? When a interesting plot and a promising story grows slow halfway through the book or when the characters inspire you homicidal thoughts. So yes, while I enjoyed the book overall, there were things I dislike, but I won't extend about the bad things, don't worry. 

I'm rating this book with a strong 3.5 over 5, and looking forward of the upcoming novel in the series because I'm a masochist or something and I wan't to read what's next with this book club.

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios